Every port call requires a nominated agent responsible for the operational and financial coordination between the vessel it self, the owner/operator of the vessel and the port. The owners or the charterers may choose to appoint a protective agent to look after their interests in cases where in accordance with the charter party the vessel is consigned to another agent.
- Where reconciliation is not possible, OPA can issue letters of protest as per owner's requirements Approving any Bills of Lading Assistance with any crew-related issues such as medical visits, certificates, crew changes
- Confirmation of port restrictions and any port operating practices
- Objective view on port or berth congestion
- Verification of accuracy of proforma disbursement account provided by charterer's agent - Receipt of owners’ funds and disbursement to charterer's agent if required
- Reporting of port call operation in format required by owner
- Attendance onboard vessel throughout entire port call
- Checking of all cargo documents, charterer's agent reports, time sheets and countersignature of final SOF for accuracy. Where disparities occur, inform owner and resolve conflict if possible.